The image of four-bedridden grandparents is one of the most memorable scenes in the classic Willy Wonka and The Chocolate factory film. This scene and depiction of what it’s like to care for elderly loved ones who are bedridden teach the five following lessons on why it is important to invest in long term care insurance:
- Most people end up needing long-term care services.
- Care typically falls on family members.
- The most common family member providing the care is a full-time working woman.
- Long-term care can create a huge financial burden.
- Without a long-term care plan in place, you rely on luck or charity.